I just found out today what a "rivet nut" is...

Discussion in 'Tools, Accessories & Spares' started by dualsport, Jan 4, 2019.

  1. dualsport

    dualsport New Member

    I just found out today what a "rivet nut" is. If you have never seen one, they're an ingenious simple little jigger. You drill a hole in the frame, insert the rivet nut with the tool and viola you've got a threaded hole.

    The previous owner of my bike mounted the pannier rack using them. One's stripped out and I gotta replace it. Apparently they're also called 'Nutserts' and you can buy a complete kit including the fitting tool at engineering supply stores.

Share This Page