For Sale Two 2008 KLR's For Sale in Alaska

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by mjjordy, Apr 4, 2014.

1. mjjordy

mjjordy New Member

Hello All -

We have two 2008 KLR 650's for sale in Palmer, Alaska for $4,000 each. Both bikes are in great condition. The red one has 3780 miles on it and the blue one 4735 miles. My wife and I have taken them on three nice summer camping trips here in Alaska since their purchase, but I have now been offered full time work overseas beginning late this summer, and we do not want to ship the bikes or store them indefinitely. The low mileage is of course a factor of the short summers/riding season here in Alaska, compounded by our two wee ones that came along starting in 2010. My wife has dropped her (red) bike twice, resulting in some cosmetic scratches on plastic body panel parts only. We have had them serviced regularly. They are stock KLR's...no doohicky upgrades or other nonsense. They have performed perfectly out of the box for Alaska conditions. The only notable upgrade is mine (blue) has a throttle lock mechanism installed, but I also have the original handle bar ends which are an easy changeover. For a team of two looking for adventure riding in Alaska these bikes would be a great option. Fly into Anchorage and explore Alaska and the Yukon before heading south to home. Those on a tight schedule wishing to just explore Alaska can also have a dealer in the Anchorage area resell them after your trip on commission. Please contact me with any questions at mjjordy(at)gmail(dot)com.

Near Valdez, Alaska -
    Chugach Circle 073.jpg

Alaska ferry to Cordova -
    Chugach Circle 005.jpg