Luggage mounting advice needed

Discussion in 'Parcel Racks, Panniers, Luggage & Seats' started by Jack G, May 10, 2002.

1. Jack G

Jack G New Member

I am looking for some help in mounting Pelican cases to my bike (96 KLX650C). I am planning on building my own rack, very similar to those available through happy-trail. What I want to know is what is available for quick-release method of attachment for the cases to the rack? (I don't want to hard mount the cases to the rack and also want the rack to be unobtrusive when the cases are not mounted) Are the Givi type attachments available without actually purchasing a Givi case?

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. (I only have 8 weeks to get this all figured out and built)

2. klr650

klr650 New Member

Go to Dave "Jake" Jakemans's web site @ www.sagebrushmachine.com and look at the mounts he makes and sells for tha KLR. Even if your not interested in buying he has great photos of how the bags are mounted. He is very good guy to deal with but a little bust now w/ the CMC upcoming.

3. carmic7

carmic7 New Member

you have to talk to tim at happy-trail.com he has the solutions for the klr's that rival BMER stuff This guy is a friggin GURU

4. carmic7

carmic7 New Member

tim sells a great mounting kit for hard bags, just as long as your tubing diameters are the same as his, it should work

I looked at pelican cases they are really heavy

is that going to be a problem?