High speed blowout

Discussion in 'Crashes' started by imperial, Jun 19, 2012.

1. imperial

imperial New Member

I'm back home in Oregon, when I should be with the rest of the group adventure riding in BC Canada.

Yesterday, I received 3 flats, ruined 2 tires and took a high speed blow out (approx 75mph), lucky to still be here.

This all happened within 180 miles of my home. ... So I guess, I just wasn't meant to visit Canada (this time).

2. Lauren

Lauren New Member

Hey, sometimes it is like that - consider it someone's warning that maybe you should quit while you are ahead. When I came back from Calif. last month I stopped in Centralia to warm my hands/gloves on my cylinders, then started out again. Come to find out that a quarter mile down the road there was a major multi-car pileup involving both sides of the highway - I don't know what the cause was, but the concrete barrier was demolished for about five sections, and a semi-truck was across one of them into the northbound fast lane I would have been in. It was a mess with concrete and car parts all over the place. I was lucky to have missed it.

3. imperial

imperial New Member

Would like to point out, my third flat, I called a blow out. Heres what happened. I was going along at 70 to 75mph, and I heard a small pop, next thing the back end of bike was all over the place. The tire was NOT ripped, so maybe this shouldn't be called a high speed blow out, but a high speed instant flat ? ..... I'll leave it up to those in the know to decide.