DualSport Tires

Discussion in 'Rubber' started by KenM, Apr 6, 2005.

1. KenM

KenM New Member

I'm looking for suggestions for rubber to put on my Tiger. I now have Pirelli Scorpions, which are adequate on hard gravel & great on pavement, but am needing something more aggressive for an upcoming trip. I am planning to go down to the www.horizonsunlimited.com campout meet in Copper canyon in Mexico in October. I will be going with a buddy on a Suzuki DR 400. Leaving from Vancouver Island, western Canada, we plan to do a fair bit of gravel/sand roads along with some 2,000 miles of Mexican highways, so a really tough MX type isn't the answer. Bear in mind the bike will probably be quite heavy (STARTS @ 520 lbs), so the lighter bike applications would be overstressed.

BTW is there any interest on this list for others to join us? 3 weeks would be the minimum time away.... 8 days to get to Yuma & back, plus 14~15 in Copper Canyon & Baja. Thinking of trucking to Yuma with stops along the way to unload bikes for day trips....Moab, Grand Canyon, etc? Thanks for any input.

2. Charlie

Charlie New Member

I just finished the Jimmy Lewis Adv school and he said the only tire for adv touring is the Conti TKC80. It works in the dirt!!

3. JohnM

JohnM New Member

you may want to check out the Continental TKC 80.